25.8.08

It's not easy being green

Or cheap, as the case may be.

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, blah blah blah. I have decided to make some small gestures to God's green creation, the environment, mother Earth, whatever you want to call it. Really, it's more about the pocketbook than anything. I am not too hip on $200 electric bills.

Things I am doing already-
*Breastfeeding the child
*Started a (very) small garden. We're talking tomatoes and peppers. Hey, it's a start!
*Recycling at least the pop cans (lame I know)
*Cook most things from scratch (less packaging waste and processing)
*Buying most things used if I can (hellooooo craigslist)
*Cleaning with Vinegar, Lemon juice, and Baking soda when I can


Things I have recently started-


*Cloth diapering (and wipering). It didn't work the first time, but now I have better diapers and she fits them better.
*Elimination Communication. She has pooped once in the potty chair! We've only been trying for three days now, hopefully this will work.
*Line drying (when I leave myself time)
*Turning the AC up (I keep it around 77 regularly, but it can always be higher) or even off on the cooler days like today when I can open the windows.





Things I hope to do in the future-
*BIG garden
*Homemade detergent and household cleansers
*Compost

Well, there you have it! We shall see how long this lasts =)


In other news, Brookelynn is still wonderful, fantastic, amazing, choose your favorite happy adjective....but she is sick =(


A little fever, a little cough, a lot of fussyness!


Doesn't look like infection though, lets hope it's just teething!!!



No comments: