30.9.08

Baby Genius

Yea, I know I am her mom and therefore skewed in my opinion of her capabilities, but Brookelynn has done another surprising (and funny) thing.








You see, a week or two ago B discovered that she could scoot (mostly pulling herself with her hands) and almost full out crawl (She jumps her legs forward and then lunges ahead). Not a day later, she figured out how to set herself upright from her tummy. Today, she decided to start pulling up. She has kind of pulled up before (on my leg laying on the floor) but it wasn't a full out up...more of a 45 degree pushup.



I had her outside while I was putting up the laundry. She doesn't always tolerate the exersaucer very well, and she is much too mobile to be left on a blanket...so....I got a huge tub for her to play in. I figured it was tall enough to contain her and large enough that she wouldn't tip it (from sitting...).



Well, bad move.

Twice I turn around to see her crawling in the grass with the tub on its side.

I was impressed that she could do that without standing up and went on with my business.




Well, the third time I happened to be watching.

Turns out that she wasn't doing it sitting down!

She pulled up on the side and was gently moving her weight to get it to tip over on purpose.


Now smart girl has a nice rash on her face where she rubbed it in the grass...that's what she gets I guess =)

No comments: